This was the finger food for my last weekend’s Sunday Brunch. They turned out perfect. This is the 3rd time that I have made nachos at home and this recipe worked really well.
Salsa was made from Peppers, cucumber, tomato, chilly and onion. Stunning.
Sour cream was made with Hung Curd and cream.
Here we go!
For Nachos: [Makes enough to feed 6 people]
1.5 Cup… Wheat Flour
1 Cup… Maize flour
3/4 Cup… Maida/All Purpose flour.
1/2 Tsp… Salt
- Mix all the above ingredients, and make a little tough dough out of it [Almost paratha like dough]
- Let it rest for 15 min.
- Make a small ball out of the dough and roll it using a pin.
- You might need to oil the board and pin so that the dough does not stick.
- Use a fork and poke the dough disc repeatedly.
- Use a pizza cutter and cut out 8 sectors out of it.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry them few at a time so that they dont fold.
- Once they are golden brown, take them out.
- You can store them for a couple of days in an airtight box.
For Sour Cream:
500 gms… Curd [Tie in a muslin cloth for 1/2 an hour]
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Mix hung curd and cream and whip it until smooth.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- Taste to adjust the salt.
- Chill in the fridge
3…Tomatoes [Chopped finely]
1…Onion [Chopped Finely]
1…Small thin cucumber [De-seed and chop finely]
1 cup… Mixed peppers [Finely chopped]
2 …Green chillies [Finely chopped]
2 Tbsp… Coriander [chopped]
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the puree and coriander.
- Put oil in a pan and add the tomato puree.
- Cook it for about 2-3 min.
- Add the other ingredients and cook for 2 min.
- Sprinkle coriander, Cover with a lid and turn off the gas.
- Life the lid after 5-7 min.
- Transfer in a box and keep aside till you need to use it.
Grated cheese [I used a mix of Cheddar, processed and mozzarella.]
- In a baking tray spread some nachos.
- Put the cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-7 min in a 200 degree oven.
- Once done transfer in the serving dish.
- Serve with Sour cream and salsa.