We have recently started to closely follow Grey’s Anatomy.
A drama centered on the personal and professional lives of five surgical interns and their supervisors.
One of the character’s Izzy Stevens bakes coconut chocolate cup cakes and forgets the secret ingredient used by her mother. [Season 1 Episode 8 : Save me]
Izzie: Eight hours, 16 ounces of chocolate, and 32 cupcakes, and they still don’t taste right.
George (with mouthful): No, these are good. Martha Stewart would be proud.
Here is my version of the cupcakes.
You shall need:
1/2 cup…. Coconut flour [I used flakes and grind them to a flour like consistency]
1/2 cup… White sugar
1/4 cup… Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp… Salt
1/2 tsp… Baking powder
A pinch of Baking soda
2 … eggs
1/2 cup… Oil
1 tsp… Vanilla essence
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- Beat eggs lightly
- Add Oil and eggs to the dry ingredients
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Line cup cake mould with liners and pour upto batter 3/4 of the liner size.
- Bake for 20-25 min [Until the skewer comes out clean]
- They shall not rise a lot as the flour is dense. But they shall taste better than a cup cake you have even had
Check out the marathoners running this 22nd edition of blogging marathon here