Pati and I simply adore the Big Bang Theory
It is basically about 4 guys and a girl. Penny moves across the hall to Lenord and Sheldon, two Physicists/nerds. They also have Rajesh and Howard for friends. It is stunning how nerd funny can become main stream funny as well. Trust me you shall LOVE it once you start following it. And may I say, please see it from Season 1, episode1 . \m/
“Why wouldn’t like Italian food?” Raj was asking, as she arrived.
“Don’t be obtuse, Raj!” Sheldon berated. “Italian food is loaded with meaty chunks of pepperoni and prosciutto! To say nothing of their spicy, meaty tomato sauce.”
“Not all of it!” Leonard countered, adding, “Lasagna can be made without ground beef! Just ricotta cheese and mushrooms, for example.”
This dialogue at the cheese cake factory got me thinking and I made an Individual vegetarian Lasagna for our Anniversary Eve Dinner
You shall need: [Makes 2]
6… Sheets of lasagna [Boil as per directions and left them separated on a tray until further use]
1 cup… Cheese [I used a mix of cheddar and Mozzarella]
1.5 cup…. Basic Italian Sauce [I tried Prego. It is an exceptionally creamy and balanced sauce. It bakes well. But it was a little more sweet for my taste. I adjusted it with pepper and salt. However you can make a batch yourself by using this recipe.]
2… Small brinjals [Cut into small pieces]
1 cup… Bakes beans
1 cup… Capsicums [Cut small. I used green, red and yellow]
3… Spring onions [Cut the bulb and greens separately]
2 tbsp… Oilive Oil
- In a pan, heat olive oil and add the spring onion bulbs [chopped]
- Let it turn transparent.
- Add brinjals. [Cover and cook for 5 min on a medium flame. Add 3-4 tbsp water, cover with a lid and cook]
- Add the beans. capsicums, salt and pepper.
- Let them cook until the capsicums are slightly done.
- Add chilly flakes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Put the spring onion greens and cover until further use.
- In a foil container, put 2 tbsp sauce at the bottom of the container.
- Fold the lasagna sheet according to the size of the box and put it on the sauce layer.
- Put the vegetable and beans mix as a layer on the sheet.
- Add a layer of cheese.
- Repeat the lasagna sheet layer as above, vegetable layer and cheese layer.
- Put the 3rd lasagna sheet, make a layer of the sauce on top of it.
- Add cheese layer on it.
- Bake for 15 min in a pre heated oven at 180C.
- Serve with love.
Check out the marathoners running this 22nd edition of blogging marathon here