I made this cake with practically things available at hand. I had no eggs to make this Dorie Greenspan cake that I had been eyeing so I went ahead and made 2 cakes- vanilla and chocolate [Eggless versions] sandwiched them with a simple chocolate frosting and make a chunky peanut butter frosting for the top and around.
This post is a part of the Electric Appliance theme at BM#24 hosted by Srivalli.
Appliance highlighted- Electric Beater.
You shall need:
1… 7″ or 8″ Eggless vanilla cake made with this recipe [I halved the recipe and baked at 180C for 20-25 min or until done]
1… 7″ or 8″ Eggless Chocolate cake make with this recipe [I halved the recipe and baked at 180C for 20-25 min or until done]
1/2 cup… Dark Chocolate [Cut in equal small pieces]
3 tbsp + 1/4cup… Butter and room temprature
1 cup.. Peanut butter [I used chunky one]
2/3 cup… Castor sugar
Colorful sprinkles and chocolate shavings to decorate the cake
- Place the chocolate in a double boiler such that the bowl with chocolate does not touch the water in the pan with boiling water.
- Once it is melted, remove from heat and add 3 tbsp butter and mix thoroughly.
- Place it in the fridge for 3-4 min. Remove and keep aside until further use.
- In another bowl, beat butter, sugar and peanut butter until nice and fluffy.
- Keep aside once done.
- On the cake tray, put some frosting in the middle and place the vanilla cake on it. This shall prevent it from moving all over the place.
- Slather the chocolate frosting generously on the vanilla base’s top.
- Put the chocolate cake on top of it and press slightly.
- Using a knife or icing spatula spread the peanut frosting on the cake evenly.
- Once done, decorate as you please.
Share with loved ones.