BM#26 brought with it some really really interesting topics. I chose the theme cook 3 dishes for 3 different courses with 1 ingredient. Phew…I have chosen Pasta as the ingredient.
Here is me Starter Dish : Pasta Baskets
You shall need: [Makes about 6-7 baskets]
1/2 cup… Pasta [I used mini farfelle] Boil al dente
3 tbsp… Tomato puree
1 tsp… Kasuri Methi [Dried fenugreek leaves]
Salt and pepper to taste
6-7… Bread slices [Cut round]
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Butter the round bread pieces and fit them in muffin mould like a basket.
- Bake in the oven for 15 min or until they are nice brown and crisp.
- In a small pan, heat about 1/2 tbsp butter.
- Add the tomato puree , salt and pepper.
- Cook until it leaves the fat.
- Add the pasta to the puree.
- Toss well.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves.
- Set aside until you are ready to serve.
- Once the bread baskets are done, fill them with the pasta and serve warm.
This goes to:
at simply food