After a break I am back to SNC and made this lovely moong dal payasam. The pati has been travelling alot and something new for his sweet tooth shall be a welcome change.
I belong to the North team.
You shall need: [Serves 2]
1/2 cup… Moong DaI (I used spilt one)
2 tbsp… Uncooked rice
Little less then 3/4 cup… Jaggery [I used syrup] – Adjust to taste
Handful of cashewnuts
1 tsp… Cardamom powder
1-2 tbsp… Grated coconut
1/2 cup… Milk
1/2 tbsp … ghee
- Wash and soak the dal for few min.
- Put it in the cooker with double the water and cook for 2 whistles on full and 5-7 min on low flame.
- Mash it well.
- Add the milk and boil it.
- Add the jaggery and mix it well.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness.
- Now stir in the coconut and cardamom powder.
- Let it boil for 2-4 min on medium heat.
- In another pan, heat ghee. Add cashews and fry till they are nice and golden.
- Add the ghee and cashews to the kheer.
- Serve with love.