This post is a part of Blogging Marathon. For the first week of BM#32 [2nd - 7th Sep], I am going International/Fusion.
You shall need:
For the chocolate cake: [we shall use only half of the batter, you may use this to make another loaf of cake]
1 cup… All purpose Flour
1/2 cup… Brown Sugar
3 tbsp… Butter
1/3 cup… Mayonnaise
3 tbsp… cocoa powder
1 tsp… Baking powder
1 tsp… Baking soda
1 tsp.. Salt
1/2 cup… Melted dark chocolate
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Sift the dry ingredients and keep aside.
- Beat sugar and butter.
- Add mayonnaise and eggs [one at a time]
- beat in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Keep aside until further use.
For the pink cake dots-
1/4 cup.. Flour
a pinch of baking powder
2-3 drops of red color
1/8th cup… sugar
2 tbsp… Mayonnaise
- Mix all these together and use a few tbsp of milk to make it moist, if needed.
- Fill in a piping bag and keep aside.
For the Roll-
- In a tray, add butter to the sides and line with a baking sheet.
- Make dots of the pink batter and keep in the freezer to set for atleast 10 min.
- Pour the chocolate batter on the dots carefully.
- Bake for 20 min or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 min and then take it out from the pan.
- Trim the sides.
- Put the cake on a kitchen towel with the dots facing down.
- Roll it gently while it is still warm.
- Keep it rolled until it cools down further.
For the filling-
75 gms… Cream Cheese [room temp]
150 gms… Icing sugar
50 gms… butter
75 gms…. melted dark chocolate
- Cream cheese and butter until nice and light in color.
- Beat in the sugar and chocolate until nice and fluffy.
- Carefully open the cake and spread the filling.
- Leave half and inch gap from the sides, and roll again.
- Trim the edges.
- Chill for 30 min and serve.