We keep having pot lucks at work and trust me they keep our morale so high :) Most of the people have reservations about the eggs in baked goods. Hence I mostly stick to eggless versions as often as I can.
You shall need:
1.5 cup… All purpose flour
1 cup… White granulated sugar
1 tsp…Baking soda
1 tsp… Salt
1.5 tsp… baking powder
1 tsp… Vanilla essence
1/2 cup… melted butter
3/4 cup… Buttermilk (Add 1/2 tbsp vinegar to milk and let it stand for 5-10 min)
1/2 cup… chocolate shards (thinly sliced)
1/3 cup.. Almonds (chopped)
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add the wet half at a time.
- Mix slowly until well incorporated.
- Pour in a lined pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate and almonds on top lightly.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for 25 min or until the skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve with love.