Quick Fix breakfast for DH and me this morning. With 2 things we like the most.
I make paneer fresh [Always]. Hence you shall need:
1 L Milk
1 Tbsp Fruit vinegar/ juice of 1 lemon
To make paneer:
- Bring milk to boil,
- Add the vinegar/lemon juice.
- Wait till it curdles.
- Strain in a cheese cloth [Mulmal]
- Hang for a few min to allow water to seep out.
Since this had to go in the sandwich, I hung it for only a couple of min. I did not want it to be all dry.
1 roasted capsicum [Medium, cut length wise]
1 onion [Medium, thin slices]
About 200 gms paneer [Fresh or store-bought, crumbled]
1 Tbsp Hung Curd [Or Mayo or thousand island]
1 Tbsp Cheese Spread [grated processed cheese]
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp Chilly flakes [Adjust qty when cooking for kids]
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add the onion and capsicum.
- Let them sweat a little [do not over cook]
- Add the flakes, salt, pepper, oregano and paneer.
- stir for a couple of min then take out in a bowl and let it cool for a few min.
- Once cooled, add hung curd/mayo and cheese spread.
- Put butter on one slice of the bread and add the stuffing on top. Cover with another slice and put in the sandwich maker.