7 Days with Instant Noodles- Day # 2
Well… I did make some progress on this one yesterday. I made chop-suey with Maggi as the crispy noodles. Yummmm it was.
Here is what you shall need:
For crispy noodles-
1 maggi noodles [single unit pack]
Water to boil
Oil to deep fry
- Boil the instant noodles as per instructions
- Strain them and reserve some water that was used to boil them
- Let water pass out of the sieve as much as possible.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Divide the noodles in 2 portions fry them until golden Brown.
- Keep aside until assembled.
For the Sauce:
1 Small carrot -Peeled in strips then chopped roughly
1/4 cup of chopped Cabbage
1/2 onion [Sliced]
1 Small capsicum [diced]
1/2 a bunch Spinach [washed thoroughly and Coarsely chopped]
1/2 Tsp Chilly flakes
2 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
1 Tbsp Green chilly sauce
1 Tsp ajinomoto
2 Tsp Flour
1 Tsp Soy Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cube Vegatable stock [Optional]
2 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the onions and cook for a min or so.
- Add the other veggies except spinach and cook until half cooked.
- Add the water reserved from the noodles and bring it to boil.
- Add some more water if needed.
- Break the vegatable stock cube in the sauce [Optional]
- Add the sauces, ajinomoto, salt and pepper
- Once they amalgamate, mix the flour in a little water. Get rid of the lumps
- Add the mixture to the wok and stir.
- The sauce should have thickened by now.
- Turn off the gas. Add the spinach. Cover with a lid for a few min. [I hate over done Spinach]
This goes to: