Second dish in this series of Gujarati Food 101 shall be Cabbage-Onion Stir Fry or Kobi-Dungri Nu Shaak, It is a very light dish preferred with Lentils and rice [Dal Chokha] or bread [Phulka or Bhakri].
I made it last night for the 2 of us and we felt really light after dinner. It is absolutely NOT heavy on the pallette but is packed with tonnes of flavor.
You shall need: [Feeds 2 Adults]
1 Meduim… Cabbage [Shredded to small pieces]
1 Medium… Onion
1/2 Tsp… Carom Seeds [Ajwain]
1/2 Tsp… Mustard Seeds [Rai]
2… Green Chillies [Chopped finely]
1/2 tsp… Turmeric powder
1/2 Tsp… Sugar
Salt to taste
2 Tsp… oil
- Heat oil in a wok and add the seeds and green chillies.
- Stir for a few seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the Salt and turmeric powder. Stir
- Add the cabbage and onion together to the wok.
- Stir until the veggeis are coated.
- Cover the wok and let the veggies cook for about 3-4 min.
- The veggies should still have a slight crunch to them.
- Serve hot with bhakri/chapati/dal-chokha.
I link this up at: