This was again our breakfast and dinner roll. For Dinner I served this with Roasted Capsicum and tomato Soup. And for breakfast we had it greedily in the car on way to work 😀
What I loved about it was that it tastes so much better the next day. Also please do let the poor bread rest enough before you decide to bake them. It is very important.
You shall need: [makes about 15 rolls]
450 gms… Flour /Maida
1-1/2 Tsp… Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp… Sugar
1 Tsp… Salt
3/4 cup… warm water
5 Tbsp… Butter [Melted]
1 cup… Finely chopped spring onions [with greens]
1 cup.. Grated cheese [I used a mix of mozarella and processed cheese]
- In 1/2 of the warm water, add the yeast and sugar. Cover and put in a warm place for 5 min. It should look frothy by the end of 5 min.
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl, add 1/2 of the melted butter and the yeast.
- Make a semi soft dough. Keep kneading until the dough is not sticky and streches [does not break] when pulled apart. It should feel rather elasticky.Details on how to knead can be found here
- Put the dough in a bowl and apply oil on the top surface.
- Cover with a cloth and put in a warm place to rise. It should double in size in about 1 hour.
- Once done, punch the air down in the dough.
- On a flour-ed surface roll the dough in a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle cheese and spring onion on it evenly.
- Start rolling it like a roulade.
- just before sealing the loose end, apply melted butter on it and pinch the sides in the dough to seal it properly.
- Cut them in an inch or little more thick pieces.
- Arrange them in a buttered/spray oiled baking tray. Allow them to rest for 20 min.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees C for 30 min.
- Brush them with melted butter/spray oil on them after they are 2/3 rd cooked or when around 20 min have passed.
- For the last few min, bake them from the top rod so that they can get nice and brown.
I link them to:
Only Snacks and Starters The event is guest hosted by Raji of Vegetarian Tastebuds. Now to the exciting part of this event, there is a giveaway sponsored by www.tarladalal.com . The giveaway is open to followers/ readers (publically) of Pari’s blog Foodelicious.