This is my favourite quick fix lentil recipe. All you need is chana dal and the freshest spinach.
You shall need: [Serves 2]
1 Cup… Chana Dal [Soaked for 2 hours in warm water]
1 Bunch… Spinach [Washed thoroughly and cut in medium slithers]
1… Medium Size Onion [Chopped]
2…Green Chillies [Chopped]
1…Medium Size TOmato [Chopped]
1/2 inch…Ginger [Cut finely]
1/2 Tsp…Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp…Turmeric Powder
Water to cook the dal [About 2 cups]
- Boil the chana dal for 2 whistles and then 1 whistle on slow. Turn off the gas and let the steam escape on its own.
- In a wok, heat oil. Add the jeera, ginger and hing.
- Add the onions and let them sweat a little. Once they turn translucent, add the green chillies and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the turmeric and red chilli powder. Stir.
- Add the boiled dal along with the water it was cooked in.
- Finally add the spinach, Stir and let it cook on a medium flame with a lid on.
- Add salt to taste and serve with Parathas or steamed rice.