Did you even land in a situation where the dal you put to boil was over boiled. So much so that you cant even make out the grains of the poor dal.
This is where this lovely creation comes in to picture.
Its a fabulous, soft and wholesome chapati/paratha/bhakri.
You shall need: [Makes about 12-15]
1 cup… Tuvar dal/pigeonpeas[Soak for about 1 hour]
1/2 Tbsp… Jaggery
Salt to taste
1/2 Tsp… Turmeric
1 Tsp… Chilli Powder
1/2 Tsp…Mustard Seeds/Rai
2-1/2 Cup… Whole What Flour + 1 Tsp Salt
- Boil the dal in 2 cup of water. [2 whistles on full flame and 1 on low]
- Once the steam has escaped, open the lid and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil add the mustard seeds. Let the splutter.
- Add the dal. Then add the salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Let it cook on medium flame and reduce until it is like a thick paste.
- Let it cool completely.
- Add the dal to the flour and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Make it like a semi hard dough. The dough can stay in the fridge for about 2-3 days.
- Make small balls out of it and roll out to make chapati’s.
- Heat the gridle and cook it like bhakri.
I am sending this entry to