This is an eggless-Butterless delight that I came up with due to left over mango shake in the fridge. DH is a mango fan to the core, since he was not around to poilsh it off, I used it for experimentation.
Here is all you shall need: [Makes one 6 inch square loaf]
- 1-1/2 Cup… All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp… Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp… Baking Soda
- A Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup…Castor Sugar [Adjust the sweetness wrt to the mango]
- 1 Cup…Mango Puree/Mango Shake
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Jucie of half a lemon
- 5 Tbsp… Cold Milk
- 1/2 Cup… Refined oil [Flavorless]
- Pre Heat oven at 180 degrees C
- Sift ingredients 1-4 and keep aside
- Mix sugar, oil and mango puree with a beater.
- Add the lemon, rind and dry ingredients.
- Do not over beat. We just want the dry ingredients to come together.
- Add the milk to bring the consistency to that of a pouring one.
- Grease the cake tin and pour the batter.
- Tap it a little so that there are no enpty air pockets.
- Bake for 25-30 min or till the skewer comes out with only 3-4 crumbs.
- Let it cool completely. Cut and serve.
The cake was very well recieved by colleagues. Hope you shall like it too when you try it.
For another twist, I shall try basil flavoured milk in the mango cake. It shall definately life to cake to a new level.
Left over cooking is a joy to me. I hope you like it too.
I am linking this at I Love Baking #4 and Let’s Cook #15 ~ With Fruits at Tickling Palates