This one truly blew me over. What flavour balance. It is spicy, sour and sweet too. Fab fab fab stuff.
You shall need: [Serves 2]
250 gms… Bhindi/Okra/ladies finger [Chopped]
1… Green chilly [Finely chopped]
1 Tsp..jeera [Cumin]
1/4 Tsp.. turmeric
1 Tsp… Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp… Dhaniya Powder
3 Tbsp… Curd
2 Tsp… Besan/gram flour
1-1/2 Tsp… jaggery
- Wash the okra. Wipe it and let it dry completely before use.
- Cut it in the shape you like. [I cut it in small pieces]
- Heat oil in a wok on high flame. Once it smokes reduce the heat to minimum.
- Put the okra, green chilly and jeera, stir it a bit. Cover with a lid and let it cook until it changes color to dark brown.
- Srit ocassionally.
- Once it is almost done, add the salt, turmeric, chilly powder, dhaniya powder. Stir them together.
- Cover and cook for a few more min.
- In a bowl mix besan, jaggery and curd.
- Add this to the okra.
- Serve with Bhakri/chapati/paratha.