This is my first attempt to cook with tofu. I bought some regular tofu to try out this dish.
It turned out wholesome and *slurrpp* delicious.
You shall need: [Serves 1]
200 gms… Regular Tofu
1 Cup… Bread crumbs
1 Tsp… Rosemary
1 Tsp…Chilly flakes
1/4 Cup… cold milk
2…Medium Size tomatoes [grated]
1…Medium onion [grated]
1 Tbsp…Tomato ketchup
1 tsp… vinegar
Oil for pan fry
- Mix the bread crumbs with Rosemary, pinch of salt and chilli flakes. [Parmesan cheese optional]
- Pour cold milk in a shallow dish.
- Cut the tofu in half and make rectangular slices out of it. [200gms shall yield about 6 slices]
- Dip it in milk then put a coat of the bread crumbs.
- Heat some oil in a shallow pan, add the crumbed tofu and fry until crisp.
- Once done, layer them on a plate for the sauce to be poured.
- Put about a 1 tbsp oil in a wok, once heated, add the grated onion and cook until golden.
- Add the tomato, lower the heat to medium, cover and cook until the oil separates.
- Add the ketchup, basil and salt.
- Add some water if you like the sauce runny.
- Pour on the layered tofu chunks. Serve hot.