Thank you Radhika for giving me a chance to be a part of the blog hop.
Quoting Radhika of Tickling Palate‘s fame
“This venture is an attempt to broaden our culinary skills, get to know each other and try out new recipes and at the same time be connected with other bloggers meanwhile making ourselves into becoming the best cook. Throw in some interaction, suggestion, ideas with a new blogger it will be added fun giving us all a chance to visit others space and going through it fully.”
For this week I am paired with the magnanimous Hema. She blogs here.
I have been a huge fan of Mexican food. It is Food for the soul.
Since I am in at Pune for sometime and dont have basic cooking facility, Hema lend a helping hand and bailed me. She gave me options of things I can make.
A huge thank you to Hema.
Hope you love the dish too.
You shall need: From her blog
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup baked beans (canned)
- 1/4 cup cooking cheese or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- butter or oil for cooking
- To make the tortillas, mix all the ingredients to make a soft dough by adding enough water.
- Knead and divide into 6 portions.
- Roll out into thin rounds.
- Cook lightly on a griddle and keep aside.
- Now, divide the filling into 3 equal portions.
- Spread one portion of the filling on a tortilla.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling to make 2 more quesidillas.
- Heat griddle and using a little butter, cook the prepared quesidillas on both sides until golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with salsa or tomato ketchup.
This is how it came out. I was too starved to click a better image. 😀 They taste divine ❤