Another of the quick fix for the morning is my all time fav, Aalu Baingan.
My mom makes it with Kasuri methi and amchoor [Dry mango powder] delectable is the word.
You shall need: [Makes enough to feed 2 hungry people at lunch]
3… Medium size brinjals [Cut length wise in batons]
2… Medium Size Potatoes [Cut length wise in batons]
1 Tsp.. Jeers
a scant pinch of hing
1/2 tsp.. Turmeric
1 Tsp… Red Chilly powder
1/2 Tbsp…Dhaniya powder
1/2 Tbsp… Amchoor powder
- Put oil in a wok and let it heat.
- Add the jeera and hing to it.
- Once jeera is brown, add haldi, salt and chilly powder.
- Put the veggies in the wok and add enough water to soak them half.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame until the veggies are soft.
- heat the kasuri methi briefly on the tava and and keep aside.
- Remove the lid, once they are soft.
- Let the water evaporate.
- Add the amchoor, methi and Dhaniya powder. Stir.
- Turn off the gas and cover it.
- Pack it for lunch with bhakri/chapati/paratha.
What did you make for lunch today?