Another very quick and flavorful one from me wen to the July event at The Daring Kitchen.
Icebox is a method of rolling up the dough of the cracker in a cling film and placing it in the fridge to chill for 4 hours or preferably overnight.
DH is very fond of Bounty aka the coconut center chocolate covered candy bar. I thought of taking the same ingredients and turning it into a cracker.
You shall need:
1 cup… All Purpose Flour
1.5 Tbsp… Cocoa powder
1/2 cup.. Light brown sugar
1/2 tsp.. Vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
1/4 tsp… Baking powder
a pinch of instant coffee in about 3 tbsp warm water
1/3 cup… grated coconut [I used the dry coconut and grated it at home…the benefit of doing that is it has a wonderful oil in it too which adds to the coconut-y flavor]
- Mix the baking powder in the flour thoroughly.
- Add other ingredients and make a dough [it should not be a sticky one…add milk one tbsp at a time and add only the amount needed]
- Drop the mix in a cling film and roll it to form a sausage.
- Freeze it for a couple of hours/overnight.
- Cut thin slices out of it and bake on a parchment covered tray for 12-15 min.
- Let them cool and store in an airtight container.
Sandwich ice cream between them.