This was my first attempt at savory crackers. Something in me always nudged me to not try them as I am anyway not too fond of eating them.
This is also my first entry at The Daring Kitchen.
However it is super simple recipe I whipped up using all the blog knowledge I had after months of reading.
You shall need:
1/4 Cup… All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup… Whole wheat flour
1/4 cup…rolled oats
1/2 tsp… Paprika
1 Tsp… Salt
1/2 tsp.. Pepper
1/2 Cup… Mozzarella [grated]
1 Tbsp…Rosemary [Slightly crushed]
4 Tbsp… Butter [Cut in cubes]
5-6 Tbsp… water
1/2 tsp… Chilly flakes [optional]
Butter for greasing
- Rub the butter in the flours in a bowl until it resembles breadcrumb like.
- Mix the salt, paprika, rosemary, cheese, pepper and water.
- On a baking tray put some foil and drop the mixture on it
- Press it with fingers as thin as possible and put it in a pre heated 180 degree oven for 20 min.
- After 20 min, take them out and once a little cool to handle, cut in 1/2-1 inch logs and put to bake again for 15 min or until nice and golden brown.
- Serve with soup, dips or add to salads