I am very lucky to land on the 99th post with this very special post. I cant thank Radhika enough for letting me be a part of this Blog Hop team. There are some really talented people out there who are more then willing to help, teach and suggest.
For this week aka Week 20 I was paired with Princy of Spicy Foood Fame. What a fantastic and informative blog she has.
Not only that when I mailed her regarding the recipe she was more than willing to share her experience and help me out. it was indeed very kind of her.
Coming to the recipe, I made these for a Friendship’s Day High Tea at my place. I served it along with Mushroom cheese toast, Pizza, Cold coffee/tea and a Devil’s cake.
The Spring rolls went off in no time. Everyone loved it.
I did make a few changes to the recipe against the one suggested in her blog. I stuffed the spring rolls with Spicy Hakka Noodles and the dough was out of only AP Flour.
You shall need: [Makes about 25 pieces]
For the Dough-
2 Cup… All Purpose Flour
A pinch of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp… Salt
For the Noodles-
1 Packet… Vegetable/egg noodles [I used Chings…They are easy to use and readily available]
1… Medium Size carrot [Shredded]
1…Small Cabbage [Shredded]
1… Small Onion [Finely chopped]
1… Medium size capsicum, Any color [Chopped]
1.5 Tbsp… Red Chilly Sauce
1 Tbsp… Green Chilly Sauce
2 Tbsp… Tomato Ketchup
2 Tsp… Soy Sauce [Light]
1 Tbsp… Oil
1 Tbsp Flour mixed with a little water
- Mix the dough ingredients and make a soft dough out of it.
- Keep it covered and set it aside for 30 min.
- Hakka Noodles-
- Prepare the noodles as per the instructions and set aside.
- Mix all the sauces in a bowl and add about 2 tbsp water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add the onions. Cook until they turn translucent.
- Add all the veggies and cover with a lid for 2 min and let them cook on a medium flame.
- Add the sauce mixture along with Salt. Stir well.
- Add the Noodles and mix it well.
- Once all mixed, set it aside to cook down completely
- Make a Ping Pong size ball out of the dough.
- Put a little flour on it and roll it as thin as possible and try to keep the shape round.
- Put about a spoonful [2 tsp] of the noodle in the center.
- Put the maida and water mixture along the edges.
- Fold one of the side lengthwise.
- Fold the breadth wise edges and make sure the dough clings to each other.
- Make the final fold lengthwise and put a little more maida and water mixture to seal the spring roll.
- You can make these in advance and deep fry/bake later.
- Since my oven was too busy with other things, I deep fried them and cut them in half. It was served with a sweet chilly sauce.
This Post is for the Pati who had been very very supportive and has motivated me always 🙂 Love