Rains…Pakode… A marriage made in heaven.
There are a couple of version to make this, but this is the easiest one that I found.
You shall need:
1 Cup… Bhutte ke daana (Sweet corn, I scraped them off a cob and used)
1.5 Cup… Besan or gram flour [in case you have the kakra or slightly crunchy besan, add that half and half]
2… Green Chillies [Chopped]
1/2 Tsp… Carrom Seeds
1/2 Tsp… Red Chilly powder
1/2 Tsp… Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp… Baking powder
2 tbsp… oil plus more for frying
- Mix the besan and corn with all the masalas and 2 tbsp oil with a little water at a time.
- Keep the mix thick so that the corn does not come out while frying.
- Heat oil in a wok and make small dumplings/pakoras.
- Take out once they are slightly golden.
- Keep them on tissues and press them flat.
- Re fry them for a few sec so that they are cooked all through.
- Serve with dips of your choice.
This goes to:
A Home maker’s Dairy- Monsoon of India