I made these short-crust yummies to try out the new cutters 😀
You shall need : [Yields 3 dozens] Adapted from My Diverse Kitchen
1 cup …sugar
3/4 cup… butter, softened at room temperature
3 tbsp …milk
1 tsp …vanilla essence
1.5 cup… all-purpose flour
1 cup… whole wheat flour
1 1/2… teaspoons baking powder
1/2… teaspoon salt
- Cream Butter and sugar.
- Add the milk and Vanilla Essence
- Sift the flours, Baking powder and Salt.
- Add the dry to the butter and sugar mix.
- Add a tbsp or two of milk and combine the mix.
- Wrap in the cling and keep in fridge for 15 min.
- Take a small portion of the cookie dough and roll it out with a rolling pin. [you may need some flour to keep the dough from sticking on the slab/pin]
- Cut it in desired shapes.
- Put them on a un-greased tray.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 12-15 min, or until nice blonde-ish Golden.
- Store in Airtight container.
Linking this to:
Bake Fest#10 Hosted by Foodomania.
The event is brain child of Cook’s Joy