This is an unusual recipe that I experimented after a lot of reading. I call it the Ah-Maiz(e)ing Cake 😀
The Daring Cooks from the Daring Kitchen fame came up with Cornmeal as the these for the month. It is very versatile ingredient and I had a ball.
You shall need : [Makes 2- 7″ cakes]
2 Cup… Flour
1 Cup… Maize Flour
1/2 Tsp… Salt
1 Tsp… Baking Powder
1 tsp.. Baking Soda
3/4 cup… Butter at room temp.
2-1/3 Cup… Sugar [granulated]
1 Tsp… Vanilla
3/4 – 1 Cup… Butter Milk [1/2 cup milk with a 1/2 tsp of vinegar]
- Pre heat oven to 175 C.
- Sift the dry ingredients and keep aside
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and one egg at a time.
- Split the flours and buttermilk in 2 portions and add alternately to the butter and sugar mix.
- Line the baking tins and divide the batter in equal portions.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until the skewer comes clean.
- Take put, let it cook. Top with chocolate ganache [optional]
Also goes to: