I generally have a batch of the basic Tomato Sauce in the fridge for days when I want something nice, gooey, warm and quick.
Let me take you through with the Sauce.
You shall need: [Makes about 2 cups of sauce]
4… Tetra packs of Tomato Puree [200 gms each]
5… Medium sized cloves of Garlic [Minced]
5-6… Fresh Basil Leaves [If you dont have this. use 1 Tbsp of Dried basil]
3… Tbsp Butter
1/2 Tbsp… Salt
1 Tsp.. Pepper
1/2 Tbsp.. Sugar
- In a heavy bottom pan, add half the butter.
- Add the garlic to it. Dont let it brown. Just let the oil get a nice flavour. Stir it around for about 10 sec.
- Add the Puree and 2-3 Basil leaves
- Cover and cook on a slow heat for about 20 min. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid.
- Add the remaining butter, salt, sugar, pepper and basil leaves.
- Cook for 5 more min.
- The sauce must have reduced to almost 2/3rd or less of its original volume.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cook and store in an airtight container.
You may use it as Pizza sauce, for Pastas and even for cheesy toasts as a base.
This goes to: