What beats a gooey, tomato-y, luscious and smooth Pasta sauce? Well I could not think of anything 🙂
A lazy supper when the pati wants khichdi and I dont want it, Pasta comes to rescue.
The sauce is simple and cam be made in advanced. You shall only need to combine the Basic Italian Tomato Sauce with cream, cheese, pasta and salt.
You shall need: [Feeds 1]
1/2 cup… Gomito pasta/Elbow pasta
Water to boil the pasta
2.5 tbsp… Basic Italian Tomato Sauce
2 Tbsp…Cream [I used amul cream]
Cheese of your choice [As much as you like] I added 1 Tbsp of mozzarella and 1 tbsp of cheddar
2 Tbsp… Olive oil
- Boil the pasta till it is par cooked/Al dente
- Reserve about 1/2 a cup of the pasta water
- Rinse the pasta in normal water to stop further cooking.
- Put about a tbsp of oil on the pasts and mix well [this shall prevent it from sticking]
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add the Sauce.
- Add the pasta water and stir.
- To this, add the pasta and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta and sauce are combined and the sauce has reduced to mere coating capacity, turn off the gas.
- Add the cream and cheese and stir.
- Serve hot.
This goes to:
Around the world Italian at Pinch of Salt
Favorite recipe- pasta or noodle at Zesty South Indian Kitchen
A Home maker’s Dairy- Monsoon of India