Ever got stuck in a situation where all you have in the kitchen is a little of this vegetable and a little of that? Happens more than often with me.
If one weekend goes by without subzi shopping, I am stranded with left overs, lentils and random vegetables.
Anyway, pati loves clear soup and I tolerate it somehow 🙂 [I am a thick soup fan]
I read about the clear tomato recipe some where sometime back and it stuck with me. The broth looked beautiful and I was sure it shall be divine as well. To be very frank I was not disappointed at all.
All this soup needed was 6 things:
4…Medium Size Tomatoes [chopped]
2… Carrots [Peeled and diced]
1 Tbsp… Butter
1/2 tsp… Sugar
- In a pan, add the butter and pan fry carrots a bit.
- Add about 5 cups of water.
- Let it come to a boil, add the tomatoes.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a slow heat for 15 min.
- Remove the lid after 15 min.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pass the contents through a muslin cloth.
- Squeeze all the goodness out of the veggies.
- You shall be left with glistening orange goodness.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve hot with bread of your choice.
I served it with a Savory muffin.
THis goes to:
Lets cook Starters at Tickling Palates
A Home maker’s Dairy- Monsoon of India