This was my first attempt at handling the rectangle pasta sheet. To my surprise, it is a hit in the friends and family circle.
Here is what you shall need: [Feeds 4]
For the sheets-
8-10… Lasagna Sheets
Water to boil them
1 Tbsp… Oil
For the Filling-
1 can… Baked Beans
1 bunch… Spinach
1/2 cup… Corn
1 cup… Peppers of your choice [Diced]
1 Tsp… Paprika
1… Small onion [ chopped]
2 Tbsp.. Olive oil
1 Tsp.. Pepper
1 Tsp… Chilly Flakes
1 Tbsp.. Oregano
4 Tbsp… Cheddar cheese
For the sauce-
One batch of the Basic Italian Tomato Sauce
This one needs to be slightly thin than the one we use in Pastas. It should be of a pouring capacity, not one where blobs form when one tries to ladle it.
Oven safe ceremic/bakeware.
2 cup… Mozzarella cheese [grated]
- For the filling:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the onion, let it sweat.
- Add the baked beans and peppers.
- Let it cook on medium heat with lid on for 10 min. Stir occasionally.
- Add the seasonings and spinach.
- Cover and let the spinach cook for further 3 min.
- Turn off the gas and add the cheese.
- The residual heat shall melt the cheese.
- Let it cool completely till further use.
- For the Lasagna-
- Boil water in a pan that can fit the sheets straight.
- Add oil and the sheets.
- Boil for roughly 10 min. Check if they are Al-dente.
- Remove and place separately on trays.
- To Assemble-
- In the baking tray, put a layer of the sauce.
- On a flat surface, put the lasagna sheet and add the filling lengthwise in the middle.
- Roll is carefully.
- Place the seam-side down in the baking tray.
- Repeat the process for all the sheets.
- Cover the rolled lasagna with some more sauce.
- Add the cheese and top.
- Bake in a pre heated 180C oven for 20 min.
- Serve with love.
Apologies for not being able to take pic of this after it was baked 😦 my guests were too impatient to wait for a pic 🙂
This goes to:
Around the world Italian at Pinch of Salt
Favorite recipe- pasta or noodle at Zesty South Indian Kitchen
A Home maker’s Dairy- Monsoon of India