After looking at gazillion pictures of this beautiful patterned cake, I took it on myself to try it out. I did not use the mould for this one.
To my surprise, it looks like a lot of hard work, but it certainly is not.
All it needs is beautifully baked sponges, a yumm butter cream and frosting of your choice.
I made eggless version for this colorful delight with the following recipe.
You shall need: [Yields 2- 7″ sponges]
1-3/4 cup… All Purpose Flour
1 cup… Sugar
1 Tsp… Baking Soda
1 Tsp… Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp… Salt
1 cup.. Milk
1/2 cup… Oil
2 tbsp… vanilla
2 food colors of your choice
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry and the wet until well amalgamated.
- Whisk for 2 min, not more.
- Now divide the mixture in 2 bowls and add the color of your choice and mix.
- Pour in a lined baking tin and bake for 35-40 min in a pre heated 180C oven.
- Once they are done. Put them out on a cooling wrack and try to un-mould them after 10 min.
- Let them cool completely.
For butter cream icing:
I used this recipe on my blog. I didnt add any color to it.
For the ganache:
1/2 cup… Semi Sweet chocolate
Heat the cream. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate.
It must melt leaving behind a silky ganache
You shall need- 2 round cutters of different sized. The aim is to achieve concentric circles out of the ready sponges.
Once they are cut, carefully alternate the layers. Before inserting the ring, apply some frosting on the inside of the cake.
Apply some butter cream on this and put the second layer on top. Apply butter cream around the cake.
Now put the chocolate glaze on top of the cake and decorate as you please.
I used chocolate vermicelli around the cake and gems on top of it.
Cut the cake carefully
Serve with love. 🙂