I am in love with Iceberg lettuce but I had never done anything interesting with it, apart from tossing a sweet mustard dressing on it and munching with some soup and toast.
Yesterday I tried Bok choy, carrot and Zucchini [slight stir fry] in bite size lettuce leaves.
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
3… Iceberg Lettuce Leaves.
1… Medium Size Bok Choy [Separate the leaves, wash thoroughly and chop the leaves]
1…medium carrot [Shredded]
1/4 each of… Yellow and Green Zucchini [Cut in small pieces]
1/2 Tbsp… Olive oil
1/2 Tbsp… Sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste.
For the dressing:
1.5 tbsp… Oilve Oil
1 Tbsp… White Vinegar
1/2 Tsp… Fine Sugar
A pinch of mustard powder
1/4.. onion [Finely diced] Optional
- Tear up the lettuce leaves to bite size pieces and lay on a serving tray.
- In a wok, heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil and add the seasme seeds.
- Give a quick stir fry to the bok choy leaves, say about 2 min and take it off the pan.
- In the same pan, add a few more drops of olive oil and add the zucchini and carrots.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Saute for about 2 min and remove.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and keep aside.
- Once the Bok choy and other vegetable mix is at room temperature, mix them and add the dressing.
- adjust the seasoning
- Take about a spoonful of the salad and put on the lettuce leaf.
Sending this to: