The pati cannot eat the seeds of the lady’s finger. 😦
So for the 9 months of the marriage, I have never brought the vegetable in the house. I love it too dearly but was lazy to take seeds off each of the lady finger. Ouch.
However, I did make this one after taking directions from mom.
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
200 gms… Lady’s finger/Bhindi/Okra. Wash and pat dry. Cut it length wise . Take out seeds if you please.
3 Tbsp… Besan/gram flour
1 Tsp… Red Chilly powder
1/2 tsp… ajwain/carom seeds
Chaat masala to taste
Oil to fry.
- In a wok keep oil to heat for deep frying.
- make sure the lady’s finger strips are dry, add the besan/gram flour, salt. carom seeds, red chilly powder.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time. We only need to scant cover the ladies fingers with the flour.
- Dont add too much of water, as it shall call for more flour. We shall not be able to taste the okra in that case.
- Add small batches of the okra in the oil.
- It shall tend to stick to each other, dont worry we shall, it shall be fine.
- Take it our once it is slightly brown.
- Once all the bathes are fried, wait for it to get a little less warm.
- using a fork/your hand, seperate the okra. It shall hardly take a few sec
- Flash fry them again for a couple of seconds. Dont keep them in oil for too long as they shall burn.
- Take them out on tissues and add chaat masala.
- Serve immediately.
- It goes very well with Dal and chawal.