Yes you read it right, it is possible. I made this joyous wonder last Sunday even after being terribly tired after being to 2 exhibitions.
I served it with a Spicy Ginger-Basil and carrot Soup.
The trick to make it really quick is to boil the vegetables you wish to use. I used peas and potatoes.
You shall need: [Makes 4 burger patties]
1 …. Large potato [Peel, wash and cut in small pieces]
1/2 cup… Peas
1/2 Tbsp… Chilly flakes
Bread crumbs to coat the pattie
few tbsp milk to coat the pattie
Oil to stir fry
For the pepper-lettuce coleslaw-
1/4 bell pepper of each color, cut length wise in thin strips [I used green, yellow and red]
1/4 of the lettuce or roughly 3-4 leaves of the iceberg lettuce [cut in thin strips]
2 Tbsp… Thick curd or use mayonnaise
salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes and peas in a pressure cooker and cook upto 3 whistles.
- Once done, drain the water.
- Soak the break in some water briefly and press them to take out excess water.
- Add the bread and seasonings to the potato-peas mix.
- Mix well. Adjust the salt if needed. I added few drops of hot sauce to make it more fiery. [Optional]
- Put the mixture in the freezer for 5 min.
- While the patties were chilling, mix the ingredients for the coleslaw and keep aside.
- Take the potato mix out and Make 4 patties out of it.
- Coat it in milk first then put bread crumbs on it.
- In a shallow pan, pour some oil and place the patties on it to crisp up.
- Once they are nice brown and crispy, take them out.
- On a griddle, place the burger buns and toast them a bit.
- Keep all this ready to assemble.
- Put some coleslaw on the base burger and put the pattie. Alternate between pattie and coleslaw.
[ I used 2 pattie per burger]
- Serve with soup/fries.
Sending this to: