Third one on the Gujarati Thali special shall be the humble Bataka Tameta Nu Shaak. It is nothing but Potato-Tomato Curry. Mild sweetness of the dish with the sourness from the tomatoes is very inviting too.
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
2…Medium Size Potatoes [Peeled, washed and diced]
1…Medium Size Onion [Diced]
1/2 cup… Methi leaves [Chopped] *optional
1/2 Tbsp.. Jeera
1/2 Tsp… Turmeric
1 Tbsp.. Oil
1/2 Tsp… Chilly Powder
1.5 Tbsp…. Jaggery powder
- In a wok, heat oil and add jeera.
- Once it splutters, add the potatoes and just enough water that covers it.
- Turn the gas to medium heat.
- Cover and cook until the potatoes are par boiled. [Half boiled]
- Add the seasonings [except jaggery] and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for about 4-5 min. [You might need to add some more water]
- Add the methi leaves and cook for another 5 min.
- Add the jaggery and adjust the seasonings if need be.
- Serve with Rice or Bhakri.