Another no brainer soup at the end of a long tiring day.
I served this one with a cheat’s burger 😀 And the pati slurped his share and mine too.
You shall need:
[Makes roughly 2.5 cups]
4-5 … Carrots [Peeled, washed and diced]
2… Medium size tomatoes [cut in chunks]
1… small onion [Cut finely]
15-20… basil leaves
1 inch… Ginger [grated]
Salt [to taste]
pepper [to taste]
tobasco [to taste]
A dollop of butter
few drops of olive oil
3-1/2 cup boiling water
- In a pressure cooker, add few drops of olive oil and add the carrot and onion.
- Let them brown the onion sweat.
- Add the tomatoes and ginger and cook until tomatoes are slightly soft.
- Add boiling water.
- Let the water water simmer with the veggies for a while.
- Pressure cook upto 4 whistles.
- Once the steam escapes, open the put the soup on a medium flame to simmer.
- Use a hand blender to pulse the veggies in the soup.
- Add the butter dollop and seasonings to taste.
- The soup needs to reduce to about 3/4th.
- Strain through a muslin cloth.
- Put it the soup on the gas again. Add the basil leaf chunks and bring to boil once.
- Remove them before serving.
- Serve with bread/burger of your choice.
Sending this to:
Lets cook Soup at Simply Sensational Food