Well dont get scared. It is capsicum cooked gujju style 😀
This humble yet flavorful dish comes in handy when you want to make something that needs very little attention.
We had this for lunch today with Bhakri.
You shall need [Feeds 2]
2… Big green Peppers [Cut in chunks]
3 Tbsp… Besan /Gram Flour
1.5 tbsp… Jaggery
1/2 tsp… Jeera/cumin
1/2 tsp… Red Chilly Powder
1/4 tsp… Turmeric powder
1 Tbsp + 1 tbsp… Oil
- In a non stick pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the jeera.
- Once it splutters, add the capsicum.
- Add about 1/2 cup water and reduce the gas to low-medium.
- Cook until the capsicum is cooked and softened.
- Remove the lid and evaporate some of the water [if it is there], this is going to be a dry-ish dish.
- Add the besan and spices, stir to coat the capsicum with the besan.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and cover and cook for 2 min.
- Add the jaggery and stir well.
- Serve with Bhakri and khichdi.
PS: it must taste a little salty, little sweet and little spicy. Trust me it might sound outrageous, but if you make it well, it shall certainly taste like this.
Apologies for the pic, I forgot to take proper one due to morning rush of a gazillion things to be done at home. 😦