Arrgghhh I was tired of the toasts, the pohas, the bhakris, the dal parathas and then I picked amazing sub loafs from a store called Food Triangle opposite Koramangala BDA complex. [bangalore]
They have the most fresh breads that I have ever seen.
Anyway coming back to the Sub. A Sub is actually another name for submarine sandwich. It is a long Italian bread cut to a “V” and add stuffing of your choice.
I used sprouts and veggies.
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
1/2 cup… Sprouts of your choice [I used Moong Dal sprouts]
1/2 cup… Veggies of your choice [Chopped small] I used shredded carrots, red-yellow-green peppers
1… Small cucumber [Diced small] I used the Italian ones- They have really thin peel and are veryy juicy.
1.5 Tbsp… Curd
1/2 Tbsp… sweet n sour ketchup [Use any ketchup that you like]
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of tobasco [Optional]
2… Sub Loafs
- Steam cook the sprouts to get rid of the bitterness. In a pan, put the sprouts with a little salt and pour just enough water that does not drown the sprouts.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat until they are nice and soft.
- Take them out of the pan once done.
- Let them cool a bit.
- Add the veggies, cucumber, ketchup, curd and seasonings [Salt, pepper and ketchup]
- Mix well.
- Cut the loaf in a V and warm a little on a griddle.
- Fill the ingredients in the loaf and serve.
This goes to:
Favorite Recipes Event Breakfast