The pati and I have been spending long-ish hours at the office and hence I am always too tired to cook dinner.
Yesterday I left from work at 4.30, picked up a bunch of roses and set my mind to make pastas for him and me. It was indeed a treat for the two of us. And guess what he came home around 6.30pm too.
Here is what I made:
Roaster Pepper Farfalle
Spinach-cheese tortellini with Herb Butter sauce.
Roasted pepper is one of the things I cant resist. That fruity slightly charred smell is too beautiful to be avoided.
Well yes this is one of my creations and I am very proud of it.
You shall need:
1/3 cup… Farfalle Pasta [You may use any pasta really. I used farfalle from Del Monte] – Cook them Al dente.
1… Medium Size yellow capsicum [Cut in chunks]
1… Medium Size red capsicum[Cut in chunks]
1… Medium Size Green Capsicum[Cut in chunks]
3 Tbsp + 1 tbsp… Olive Oil
1 tbsp… Rosemary [I used dried]
2 tbsp… Cream [I used amul cream]
Salt and pepper
- Mix the peppers with rosemary, little salt-pepper and 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Put in a baking dish and bake at 180 C for about 20-25 min.
- They should be nice and tender and little charred too.
- Take them out, once done, and let them cool.
- Put them in a blender and churn.
- Keeps aside until further use
- In a non stick pan, put 1 tbsp olive oil and about 2-3 tbsp of the roasted pepper paste. [The extra sauce make a yummy dip/spread. Do try it on toast/with crisps…Yummm]
- Stir for a few min.
- Turn the heat to low and add the cream.
- Add the pasta and adjust the seasoning.
- Add few basil leaves on top [optional]
- Serve it with love. 🙂
Sending this to:
Romantic candle light Dinner at Hyderabadi Cuisine
I won an award too 🙂