This was the sweet dish element of the Gujarati Thali.
You shall need [Makes about 15-20 pieces depending on the size]
1 cup… Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup… Jaggery [powdered]
1/2 cup… Ghee
1 tbsp.. Poppy Seeds
- Heat ghee on a slow flame in a non stick pan.
- Once it is melted, add the flour.
- Stir until combined.
- Keep the flame to low.
- The flour should start giving out a nice welcoming/cooked smell in about 7-10 min.
- Let the flour turn light brown.
- Take it off the flame and add the Jaggery.
- Once it is combined, out back on flame to get rid of any jaggery lumps that might remain.
- On a thali, spread a little ghee. You need to do this before hand as the mixture starts to thicken very quickly.
- Pout the mixture on the thali and sprinkle poppy seeds on it.
- Let it set.
- Cut in pieces and serve.
Sending this to: