To be very frank I had never tasted a carrot cake before and out of curiosity wanted to give this one a try.
The hullabaloo around it not so justified in my opinion. It is a highly over rated cake. I might be saying this that I didnt like how carrots tasted in a cake, maybe its just me 🙂
The pati n his co-workers did enjoy the cake.
You shall need: [Makes an 8″cake or 2 loaves]
1.5 cup… cake flour [Take 1.5 cup plain all purpose flour, takeout about 3 tbsp from it and replace it with corn flour. Now sift it a couple of times and your cake flour is ready]
1 cup… Light brown sugar [It gives a nice color. You may use regular white sugar too.]
1/2 tsp… Baking Powder
1 tsp… Baking Soda
a pinch of cinnamon
1/4 tsp.. Salt
1 cup… Heaped finely grated carrots [I didnt squeeze out the water from the carrots]
1/4 cup… raisins
1/2 cup.. oil
3/4 cup.. Milk
- Pre heat oven to 180 C
- Sieve the dry ingredients and keep aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients and add to the dry stuff.
- Add sugar, raisins and carrot to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Now add the wet to the mixture.
- Mix well until amalgamated.
- Pour the batter in a lined mould.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Once baked, take out an a rack and let it cool.
- Dust with some castor/icing sugar and serve.
Sending this to: