I love a freshly baked Focaccia, actually what is there not to love in it. It is light, airy, salty, herbed and even olive oil drenched. In my head thats a perfect bread with which I dont even need a dip/filling at times.
Since I am a huge fan of peppers, I made this one with Peppers, jalapenos, dried rosemary and onion.
You shall need-
2 cup… All purpose flour
1/2 tsp.. Sugar
1/2 tsp.. Salt
1/2 tbsp.. Dry Active yeast
1 tbsp + 2 tbsp… Olive oil
1/2-3/4 cup.. water
1/2 cup… Peppers and onion and jalapenos [Finely chopped]
1/2 tbsp.. Dried rosemary [slightly crushed]
- Warm about half of the water a bit and add the yeast and sugar.
- Let them stand for a bit or until it froths.
- Combine the flour, oil, salt and yeast water.
- Add the rest of the water slowly and make a dough.
- Once it comes together, place it on a floured platform and knead for abut 5-6 min.
- Place in a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise. This should take about an hour.
- Once it has risen, punch the air out of the dough and flatten it on an oiled baking tray.
- Make slightly shallow depressions in dough.
- Combine the peppers, jalapenos, rosemary and onions with some salt and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle it over the dough and press few of them inside the dough as well.
- Put it to bake in a pre heated oven at 190C for about 17-20 min or until the bread is spongy enough.
- Put on a rack to cook and devour.
Sending this to: