One of those lazy days when you have few curries, stir fries lying around in the fridge and you dont want to work much, this gives the humble curry/stir fry a lift.
You shall need [Makes 2 sandwiches]:
1 cup… Left over cooked vegetables/stir fries [I used aalu gobhi]
6… slices of bread of your choice [ I used brown bread]
few tbsp of cheese spread [ I had plain one]
1/4 tsp.. Tobasco
Crushed pepper to taste[Optional]
1/4 cup… Shredded and squeezed carrot
4.. lettuce leaves [ Washed and pat dry]
- Mix the cheese spread, carrot tobasco and pepper.
- Lay 3 slices of bread on a flat surface.
- Apply the cheese spread on 2 of them.
- Put a lettuce leaf on each slice that has the spread.
- Now put a generous spoonful of the stir fry/subzi on them.
- Place them on top of each other like how we do for a club sandwich.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame and put some butter on it.
- Reduce the flame to low-medium and place the sandwich on the griddle.
- Let it brown for a few min, say 2-3 min.
- Flip it carefully and apply few drops of butter. Press it a little to compress the contents.
- Once done, serve with sauce of your choice.