For October Blog Hop Wednesday I am paired with PJ from Seduce your tastebuds. She has an amazing array of well maintained recipe list. I am really awe inspired. I was kicking myself last evening for not making all the things that I loved. 😦 However I made Pearl Onion Pepper fry and Tomato Onion chutney with Lentils.
And we LOVED it. In fact it is as understatement. Thanks PJ for the fabulous array. The instructions were very clear and I am sure I am going to try more stuff from your blog.
For the Pearl Onion Pepper Fry or Vengaya Milagu Kuzhambu you shall need:
25-30…Pearl Onions [Peeled, washed and cut in equal size]
1 tsp.,.. Ginger garlic paste
1.. Medium Size tomato [Finely chopped]
1.5 tbsp… Tamarind paste
4-5 curry leaves
2 tbsp.. oil
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp.. Fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp… Mustard seeds
Mix these and keep in a bowl-
1/4 tsp… Fennel seeds
1/2 tsp.. Pepper
1/4 tsp… Haldi
1/2 tsp.. . Sambhar powder
- In a wok, heat the oil and let mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds splutter.
- Add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves.
- Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato and let it cook completely.
- Add tamarind and salt.
- Add the dry spices too.
- It must now change color to a dark brown.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with Rice/dosa
Thanks Radhika for the opportunity 🙂
Sending this too.
Check out the Blog Hop Wednesday to see what others are upto.