Here is all that you shall need:
2…. onions [sliced]
1… tomato [chopped]
1 tbsp… Urad dal
3… Dried red chilly
1 tbsp .. oil
1 tbsp… Oil
1/2 tsp… Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp… Cumin seeds
a pinch of hing
4-5 curry leaves
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry the dal in ti till it changes color. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add red chilly, salt and tomatoes.
- Once they are nice and mushy.
- Remove and let it cool a bit.
- In a mixer, add the lentil and coarsely grind it.
- Add the onion and tomato mixture to it and grind.
- Once done, keep in a bowl and set aside.
- In a wok, to prepare tempering, heat oil.
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and curry leaves.
- Add to the chutney mix.
- Serve with dosa/idli.
Sending this too.
Check out the Blog Hop Wednesday to see what others are upto.