I have made an open sandwich for Day 2. An open sandwich is a single slice of bread that has one or more food items on top of it. ~ Wikipedia
The idea struck me because I got this really lovely Baguette from towness.co.in. Oh the beautiful lengthy, crispy crust bread was very hard to resist.
You shall need: [Makes 4 that shall feed 2]
For the pate-
2… Medium Size carrots [Finely shredded and squeeze the water out]
1… Medium size boiled potato [Peeled and mashed]
Salt and pepper
Oil to shallow fry
For the bread-
1 tbsp.. Olive oil
1… clove of garlic
Few sprigs of dried rosemary [crushed]
1/8th tsp… Salt
2-3.. Lettuce Leaves [Washed and pat dry]
- To make the pate, mix carrot, salt, pepper and potato.
- In a pan, pour some oil and let it heat.
- Make longish pate out of the carrot mixture.
- Put it in the pan and let it cook and get browned.
- Once done, keep aside.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, olive oil and rosemary.
- Rub the garlic clove on a slice of baguette/bread of your choice. [In case you are using a normal milk/brown bread you might have to make a paste of the garlic and pub a little on it. Or you may mix it with the bread dressing and apply]
- Brush oil on both sides of the bread and put it on the griddle to slightly brown.
- Once done, put lettuce leaf on it and the pate.
- I put a few drops of tobasco for my taste buds. It is optional 🙂
Hope you like this one.
Sending this to: