Generous Gajar and Proud peas were married with the heart warming chaunk of Fennel and fenugreek seeds.
Aaah an experiment that shall be repeated on other veggies too. We simply loved it.
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
3.. Medium Size Carrots [Peeled, washed and cut in size similar to peas]
1/2 cup… Peas [I used frozen one]
1/2 tsp… Fennel Seeds/Saunf
1/4 tsp… Fenugreek seeds/Methi
1/2 tbsp… Oil
1/2 tsp… Red Chilly powder
a Pinch of turmeric
1/2 tsp… Dhaniya powder
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Add the seeds and let them turn slightly brown.
- Add the salt, turmeric and red chilly powder.
- Now add the peas and carrots.
- Add about 1/2 cup water.
- Cover pan with lid and let it cook on a medium heat until the carrot is cooked.
- Once it is done, remove lid and let the water evaporate.
- Add dhaniya powder.
- Serve with dal and bahkri/chapati.
Paired with my bandhanvaar ❤ I am in love with the colors.