There are certain food items that are meant to be eaten during the fasting season. Sama ke chawal, sendha namak, Kuttu ka aata, singhade ka aata etc.
Since I kept fast on once of the days, I made this meal for myself. Kuttu ke aate ki poori, Dahi aalu and Sama ke chawal.
Here is a how to make-
Kuttu ki Poori: You shall need- [Feeds 2]
3/4 cup… Kuttu ka aata
1…Large boiled potato
1/2 tsp… Pepper
1/2 tsp… sendha namak
few tbsp water [Optional]
- Mix the pepper, aata and sendha namak.
- Add mashed potato to it and mix well.
- Dont add water, let the potato be the binding agent.
- If it feels really dry, half a tbsp of water at a time and make it managable.
- On a plastic surface/with wet hands, make a poori.
- Slide it in the oil for frying.
- Cook until nice and brown-ish.
Dahi wale Aalu: You shall need [Feeds 2]
This one is similar to the recipe here. However there are a few changes.
2… Boiled potatoes, cut in cubes
3 tbsp… Dahi
1 tbsp… Oil
1/2 tsp.. Jeera
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the jeera and green chilly.
- Add the potato cubes and the salt.
- Stir for a few seconds.
- Add the dahi and cover and cook for 5 min on medium flame.
- Remove the lid and let the water escape.
- Serve with corriander on top.
Apologies for fewer images 😦 The puja n cleaning of mandir were my priority for the day 🙂