This recipe comes from mommy dearest 🙂 Well I did make a few tweaks here and there to escape the hard work that goes in. But that works for me.
You shall need: [feeds 2]
6… Small brinjals
1… Large onion [Grated or very finely chopped]
1 tsp… Seasme
1 tsp… jeera
1 tsp… poppy seeds/khus khus
2 tbsp… Oil/mustard oil
2 tsp… Tomato puree
1/2 tsp… turmeric powder
Red chilly powder
1 tbsp… Dhaniya powder
- In a pan, heat oil and add jeera and onions.
- Cook until onions are pale brown in color.
- Add the tomoto puree.
- Now add the dry spices, turmeric, red chilly powder, dhaniya powder and salt.
- Put a few tbsp of water to help masalas cook well.
- Once done, cool the mixture.
- Make 4 slits in the brinjals and stuff the mixture.
- If possible, save some so that we can cook the brinjals in that masala.
- In the same masala pan. add 1 tbsp oil, sesame, khus khus and the remaining masala. Lower the heat to the lowest possible level.
- Add the stuffed brinjals.
- Add about 4-5 tbsp water and swirl the brinjals around.
- Cover with a lid and cook until tender.
- You might need to add water if they are not cook through and cook until done.
- Serve with love.