Finalllyyyyy I could finish the SNC#1’s challenge from Southern Team. South Vs North is a recipe exchange event where there are 2 teams and one member from each time challenges members of the opposite team with a goodie of their region.
Divya gave us the Mysore Pak to recreate.
It might look deceptively simple but it is an attention seeker. 🙂 Here is how to make it.
1/2 cup…. Besan or gram flour
1/2 cup…. Ghee
1 to 3/4 cup… Sugar
1/4 cup… Oil
1/2 cup… Water
- Grease the mould/plate in which you wish to set the sweet. Keep aside
- Mix the oil and besan well in a bowl.
- Make a sugar syrup with the water and sugar
- Add the besan and oil mixture to the syrup and stir well.
- Add ghee about a tbsp at a time and stir.
- Stir till the besan changes color.
- You shall know when the mixture is cooked when it starts to leave the pan.
- Pour this in the greased pan and it shall start to harden.
- Cut in the desired shape with a sharp knife.
- You may add dry fruit of your choice on top of it and serve.