Well another left over blessing in disguise 🙂
I made aalu paratha the other day and had some filling left. As a practice, we try to keep pav at home to quench the pav bhaji craving of the pati.
You shall need:
2…medium size potatoes [Boiled and mashed]
1.. green chilly [finely chopped]
1…small onion [finely chopped]
1/4 tsp…turmeric powder
1/2 tsp… Salt
scant pinch of red chilly powder
1/4 tsp… jeera powder
1/2 tsp… Chaat masala
For the batter-
1/2 cup… Besan/gram flour
A pinch of salt and turmeric
1 tbsp… Warm oil [you may take from the oil that you are using for frying the vadas]
Oil to seep fry
Fried green chillies
Chutneys of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients of the filling together.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Make about 6-8 balls of the same and keep aside
- Meanwhile heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Mix the batter ingredients except the water.
- Add 1 tbsp of water at a time and make a thick-ish paste
- Roll the filling balls in the batter and deep fry.
- make sure they brown equally on all sides.
- Remove with a slotted spoon on a kitchen towel.
- To serve, cut the pav and put chutneys/lehsun powder chutney.
- Now slightly flattern the vada and put in the pav.
- Serve with fried green chillies and serve warm.